Monday, March 4, 2013

Blood Bowl Tourney?

This is something that I've been mulling for a while and we sort of tried out when Honest Dan was around. I think now is the time to actually try and execute it, though. Right now I have access to at least 3 computers which can play Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition, each of which can be transported to Anton's house. This means that we could, theoretically, have three games going all at once.

My proposal is this: We should run a quick, however-many-guys tournament this weekend as a proof-of-concept. It would be TV1000 and would stay that way, meaning experience wouldn't be accumulated during the tourney. This way it keeps things simple and we aren't slowed down by guys needing to do their book-keeping immediately after their games. It also would keep things less complex, as we'd all be playing with the standard lists.

For those who read the blog and are in the group: Are you up for this? Since the computer basically does all the rolls and keeps things consistent with the rules, you don't really need to be all that knowledgeable in Blood Bowl to play. So don't think that "lack of knowledge" is a preventative factor here. If you are, I'd prefer you to send me your teams to my email (Which is (my username without spaces)@gmail.com) or simply post them here so that I can have them made up beforehand and save us a little time.

If this isn't a good weekend for anyone, however, please speak up. I don't mind moving it to a later date where we can get more people, but I'd like to try it in the next month or so.

5 comments:

  1. Always in for carnage and CHAOS.

    I will play Chaos Dwarves
    1 Minotaur
    2 Bull Centaurs
    3 Chaos Dwarves
    6 Hobgoblins
    2 rerolls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also... May 1st, Mike. May 1st.

      http://pressganger.blogspot.com/2013/03/breaking-news-new-dystopian-wars-and.html

      Delete
  2. I'm in, not sure yet as to team; maybe Khemri (sp?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Khemri (You got it right) it is.

      And to help people out, if you want a great site to give you strategy tips from team builds to one-turn touchdowns to individual player analyses, check out www.bbtactics.com. I think it's down right now, but it's the best resource on the net for the game.

      Delete