Monday, August 28, 2017

Just a Quick Note

     In one final outburst of gaming before my job ruined my vacation I played on Sunday. Only Joe could make it so we set to with my new favorite rule set Pikeman's Lament. Three back-to-back games in just over four hours tested Joe's new "Combat Only" force of Pikemen, Clansmen and Aggressive Gallopers fronted only by two units of Commanded Shot against my standard firepower-heavy force. Joe won the first two games, the first by a narrow margin , the second by a landslide and we fought the third "Morning Assault" to a draw. We were having too much fun to stop to record things but I did snap a shot of the draw at the end of the third game

      The Morning Assault envisions a dawn attack against an enemy held defensive line with a sneak attack on its flank. Victory conditions are only achieved through the complete destruction of the enemy force or, when there are five of fewer units still on the table. We battered each other until only four Commanded Shot were left; two of Joe's and two of mine. As usual, my Leader fell in combat as did Joe's. Both survived their wounds and will be back next game.

the figures were left largely where they fell showing the intensity of the fighting,
 only thirteen figures on my force fled and ten in Joe's; the rest fell in combat on the field

3 comments:

  1. I really fancy getting in to this game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you pick an elite force you can start off with as few as 24 figures.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tut Tut ... None of that 24 figure nonsense Anton, You can field an army with only 18 figures when you make the quality conscious decision and choose three units of Veteran Forlorn Hope. "Ard as Nailz they is!"

    ReplyDelete