So with the cool gabled building finished I had some more time and banged out the two story buildings. The last installment will be the three story buildings. all four of these are simpler than the gabled building so assembling them went pretty smoothly. It also did not hurt that I had already painted basically all the buildings so it was mostly just gluing. I did have a problem with the doors (I forgot to paint them) and one was missing, but once those were sorted out all was smooth sailing.
Again these turned out very nicely. The timber framing was an even worse mess in these buildings than the gabled version, but all worked out in the end. The single building's door was missing completely which was a problem but I found a piece in the left overs from the past building and painted it when I painted the other doors.
With all five of these kits the trickiest part is that the roof is designed to have a chimney in it. For the chimney, a hole is cut in the roof. That hole needs to be filled in to present a proper Roman roof. The filling is not perfect, but it is good enough to not show in my pictures and just look like a poor job of fixing the roof.
But anyway, three down, two to go and generally going very well.