Saturday, October 13, 2018

Return to the Lace Wars, Sir Edward Villiers Regiment of Horse 1694

     I can breathe a little easier now that I have finished all of the extra units that I promised myself would be ready by Pro or Con. I present to you Lord Edward Villiers regiment of Horse circa 1694.

finally, a unit of Horse in red


to be honest I don't really care for the "waving a sword around over my head" pose 
so I tried to do something different with these guys

I think that they turned out OK

finally getting the hang of the faces,
 the detail is so much more delicate than most metal figures

now if I could just get some different horses in plastic everything would be wonderful 

     Again these are the same Warlord Games (ex Wargames Factory) Lace Wars cavalry. The available options in the boxed set are nearly limitless. Even with the price increase from Warlord they are still a good value for the money.


8 comments:

  1. A great looking cavalry, beautiful uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done indeed. I agree about the sword waving...much better the way you've done it. I have a couple of boxes of these somewhere too...another one of those 'get round to it one day' things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another sleepless night painting? Excellent paint work Anton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Figures look good. Nice painting!
    I like the waving the sword look but I agree also it’s nice too see something different 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the kind words. The sword -waving thing boils down to this; a drawn sword was normally held with the hilt on the right thigh and the back edge of the blade against the right shoulder, when charging the straight sword was held thrust out with the arm rotated so the right thumb was downward and the elbow to the outside, if they made that pose I would love it and use it. Fussy I know, but I guess I'm just like that.

    ReplyDelete