Thursday, July 7, 2022

Not Dead Yet!

       I had fallen victim to a schedule that became wildly more demanding through June. I think that for the next few weeks life may be somewhat more normal. I can't promise a flood of new posts but here are some Victrix 28mm French Guard artillery that I painted in the past couple of weeks. I like them a lot less now, there is little flexibility in the posing and the figures are difficult to arrange around the guns in a convincing manner and still fit them onto a normal-sized base. They are rather pretty sculpts however.

I haven't decided yet whether to mount them on pennies (as per usual)
 or just attach the guns and minis to the base


having to position the crewman with the rammer in front of the gun makes the
 depth of this group nearly two inches too long for my usual base depth, very frustratiing

a couple of guys with trailspikes would have been welcome

they do look good as a group


the belting has soft edges and is very close to the body of the figure
 making it hard to hold the edge with my shaky old eyes

the poses are very active and the proportions of the minis are good


        I hope to get another AAR finished (from a game the R.U.P. ran last month) and I am almost finished with my Super-Secret Project which I will inflict on you all very soon (I swear!).

2 comments:

  1. Very nice achievement. The lighting doesn't do your work justice. The uniforms seem too bright and the guns deserve a brown wash to highlight the relief of the tubes. Agree with you regarding the few possible combinations if we want the gun team to present positions corresponding to the same phase of loading or firing the cannon. You have to search in the rabbiot box and use the extra arms of the French Vitrix infantry box. For example, I formed teams of two gunners carrying the ammunition box that lends itself well to this conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice paint work my friend. Basing is always a pain. Looking forward to reading the AAR report

    ReplyDelete