Sunday, June 4, 2023

Nowhere near fifty shades of gray, but more than a few

 

       I took a stab at painting the individual stones different shades of gray.  I can't say that I am truly happy with the results. To my eye I allowed too much variation in the colors. Once it is fully dry I am going to hit it with some washes to see if I can tone it down and even-off the tonal variations. At least the thatch is almost right.

my version of a blackhouse
 
and a real one

       If you look at the photo of the real one you can see that the rocks are not al the same color, but mine has too much difference from rock to rock. I might have to re-think my painting program.

1 comment:

  1. Looks pretty close, the real one looks dark in the mortar crevices compared to the model, at jeast on my tablet.

    ReplyDelete