Thursday, January 5, 2023

The trouble with friends.......

         Having good friends is crucial in life. I have been blessed with a surfeit of kind, close and generous friends that have made my life richer and far more pleasant. But there is a darker side of friends, they know you so well they can get you involved in things that the little voice in the back of you head says "NO!!" to. The Housemartin long ago discovered that if he left cool minis at my place I am quite likely to paint them for him. OldSarge, on the other hand, simply likes 3-d printing really cool stuff and then leaving it with me, knowing full well that I REALLY don't need to get involved in more projects. He grins and tells me that he, "just thought you might like to take a look at these". His latest bit of mischief was giving me some Scottish Cattle (which I actually could use, my Viking raiders need something to steal) and a sampler of Native Americans from the Plains Wars era, which is a subject matter that I have been trying to avoid. See below for his latest offerings.

Scottish Cattle, darned fuzzy but quite contented looking
these are in 28mm but the file is scaleable 

some rather less than contented-looking Native Americans
 

these are also in 28mm and come in a wide variety of poses

as do the horses,
 I love horses, I just hate painting them

        This lot have been bumped up to next in the painting line-up, right behind the Partisans. OldSarge has the rights to print and sell all of these minis, contact him at his blog.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Buddy. Saturday you will have more Sioux foot Indians..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be posting some photos on my blog in a few days when I complete the bases of the Highland Cattle Old Sarge resized and printed for me. An excellent fellow to do business with, and the cattle were nicely printed

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete