Friday, August 7, 2026

Les femmes fatales 28mm Wargames Atlantic Partisans 2: French Resistance Women

the front of the box 
some painting ideas 

       I just picked these up from Michigan Toy Soldier. We now have the "better half" of the French Partisans in hand. Wargames Atlantic has released the second part of their Resistance fighters series and it is a handy set! It is titled French Resistance Women but I am willing to bet that they would do well as Dutch, Belgian, or Danish. Careful choice of which figure to use as well as attention to how they are armed could easily extend these minis into Poland or even move them temporally to earlier and later conflicts (Spanish Civil War, Irish War of Independence or the chaos in eastern Europe after the Great War) or into gangster scenarios as well. 

       The minis are all conventionally dressed, no pseudo-uniforms or high fashion outfits here. The figures are well sculpted with good proportions and reasonable poses. The clothing drapes over the figure convincingly. This is a well-armed band of heroines, enough SMGs are provided to give every mini one; other weapons vary from open hands to rifles, with a choice of revolvers, or semi-auto pistols and a viscous-looking knife as well. Of course there is a hyper-abundance of heads with a wide choice of hairstyles and headgear. The faces are excellent with clear expressions and delicate features. 

       The molding work is up to the usual excellent standards we have come to expect from Wargames Atlantic; medium gray plastic, with no flash and only the faintest of mold-lines. The figures are cast without puddle bases.

the back of the box
even more painting ideas 
 
the box with contents, six identical sprues 
 
sprue, side A
no fantasy semi-pornographic figures here! 
just normal walking-around clothes 

sprue, side B
note the believable poses and wide choice of weapons
I rather wish they had included a grenade or two 
 
some excellent faces, the weapons are crisply detailed and instantly recognizable 

more heads, and that cruel-looking knife 

 

        The potential in this little box is enormous! I can barely wait to start assembling them (I will be raiding the "bits-bin" for grenades and other things to expand their equipage). I'm just hoping that plaid wasn't in style in France circa 1940!
 
       Very Highly Recommended! 

No comments:

Post a Comment