Thursday, September 10, 2026

The Trojan Wars Grind

        If it wasn't for the fact that the box of minis is almost empty I might have given up by now. What started as a "fun side-trip" has turned into a serious trudge (mostly because of those wretched boars-tusk helmets) that is rapidly sucking the fun out of the enterprise. Yet I persist! All that remains is a few archers and a half-dozen or so chariots. Anyway, enough of my grouchy ruminations, I have completed the latest batch of Bronze-Age warriors and they are happy to meet you.

please excuse the tatty looking painting sticks, it was around 1am when I got these done
 and didn't have the energy to pop them off the stick and rank them up for photos 

the leadership section, a standard and a trumpet, and the obligatory lad bellowing and waving a sword 

every time I see those cow's-hide shields my mind hearkens back to the movies Zulu
I can only hope my little lead soldiers are as brave and stalwart warriors  
 
I am still more than a little concerned over the life-expectancy of those pikes 

they are super-glued metal to metal so I try to be optimistic 
  
each painting stick represents most of a unit under Midgard rules, 
but these figures are slim and run a little small so they might end up ten to a base rather than eight

but I am willing to make compromises to avoid painting more than is absolutely necessary 
 
       Next installment, chariots; lots and lots of chariots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment