If it wasn't for the fact that the box of minis is almost empty I might have given up by now. What started as a "fun side-trip" has turned into a serious trudge (mostly because of those wretched boars-tusk helmets) that is rapidly sucking the fun out of the enterprise. Yet I persist! All that remains is a few archers and a half-dozen or so chariots. Anyway, enough of my grouchy ruminations, I have completed the latest batch of Bronze-Age warriors and they are happy to meet you.
please excuse the tatty looking painting sticks, it was around 1am when I got these done
the leadership section, a standard and a trumpet, and the obligatory lad bellowing and waving a sword
every time I see those cow's-hide shields my mind hearkens back to the movies Zulu,
I can only hope my little lead soldiers are as brave and stalwart warriors
I am still more than a little concerned over the life-expectancy of those pikes
they are super-glued metal to metal so I try to be optimistic
each painting stick represents most of a unit under Midgard rules,
but these figures are slim and run a little small so they might end up ten to a base rather than eight
but I am willing to make compromises to avoid painting more than is absolutely necessary
Next installment, chariots; lots and lots of chariots.
They look great, even stuck on painting stick, when they're based and formed up they'll be really impressive. Well done for sticking at it, perseverance is its own reward.
ReplyDelete