Sunday, March 13, 2016

Frontier Fort finally finished and painted

     It has been an embarrassingly long time since I updated this building project. But it also has been an embarrassingly long time in building. However it is finished at last. One of my oldest and dearest friends, The Housemartin, is playing D&D with his children and asked that I build him a model of one of his long-cherished ideas; the Frontier Forts of Kelnore. He provided a much-used copy of the original booklet which provided floor-plans. and I got to work (albeit slowly).  At long last I have finished the project.

     I will compile the postings and add them top the Adventures in Blueboard and Foamcore page. Comments, criticism and suggestions are all welcome.

the finished model



the floorplans from the booklet; 
the well, stairs and the fireplaces are missing from the model, 
they will be added as separate pieces to allow more flexibility

 the model on its base
 
 another view, the ramps are moveable as well
 
the figure is a Perry's 28mm Stalwart Englishman
 to lend a sense of scale

 continuing around the model

 the interior of the upper floor,
the partitions are moveable
 
 the ground floor of the barracks,
 again the dividing walls can be moved or left out as you see fit

 the damaged/ruined sections
 
 with the rubble at the base of the wall
 
 the tower ruins fit on any level
 
 interior options to replace the stables a basic wall-walk
 
 or an extended storage area
 
the booklet that started it all

   This turned out to be a much larger model than I thought it would be, partly because The Housemartin intends to use it for fantasy role-playing and the models associated with that are often MUCH larger than the alleged 28mm and also due to some basic math errors as I was agreeing to build it for him.

6 comments:

  1. Great modeling from beginning to end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you once again. Brilliant work as usual. It looks "Mahvalous!"

    The Little gray Cells begin to Churn. Nefarious Ideas abound ... MuHaHaHa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's because I've already seen the fort so much, but the biggest thing I noticed was the fantastic work you did on the base this time around. It tells me we really need to spend an afternoon remaking hills. Maybe this Saturday?

    ReplyDelete