Friday, December 14, 2018

Year In Review, late Addition Update

I got roped into running another game at Spartacon and needed to add some air support

      No, I'm not trying to bring you the highlights of a year in the hobby in one simple post. I am just looking back at what I have managed to get completed over the course of the last year. I promised myself that I wouldn't buy more figures than I managed to paint, in this I have been largely successful as my purchases have been minimal.

      Unfortunately so has my figure output.

      One of the advantages of blogging is that it forms a record of painted figures and purchased figures. In looking back over the years worth of posts I see that I have managed to complete 84 mounted figures, 82 foot figures, two tanks and seven large terrain pieces or models. Not a particularly stunning output. I added a 1/72 Henschel HS 123 just today (20DEC18)

of all the things I made this year this is the one I like the best
it worked out as planned and got me motivated to build the rest of my Dark Ages stuff

these are the ones I am least pleased with; I look at them and wonder what I was thinking?
wrong period, wrong scale......as gaming toys they are OK but I don't game ACW!

5 comments:

  1. I would say that you’ve had a very successful year! You’ve built some awesome terrain and painted a good amount of figures. Plus, you forgot to count each mounted figure as two bc the horses count extra! 😀
    We all get side tracked here and there, so no worries about ‘wasting time’ making iron clads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps my view is skewed by the monster project that occupied most of 2017, the Castillo, it dominated my creative energies. in 2017 I managed 36 cav, 112 foot (infantry and gun crews) 42 cannon (36 of them scratchbuilt) two gunboats and the Castillo which I'm counting as eight terrain items. I hope to do better in 2019

      Delete
  2. Don't worry you are retired now. Finish the project you enjoy. I need to check what I finished this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 times more than idi this year. Only completed a handful of fantasy monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ships, even if you don"t play with them...and splendid vignette, evocative and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete