Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2019 By The Numbers

      Following hot on the heels of my Quarterly Review I crunched the numbers for the year. It has been a surprisingly productive year for me despite a number of "alarums and excursions"; I managed to set an all-time record for 190 Posts, 604 Comments (a good few of them were even encouraging) and 103,438 pageviews.

       Breakdown on my posts were as follows;

              How To......................................25
              Self-published Rules...................3
              Book Reviews...........................12
              Kit Reviews................................9
              After Action Reports................10
              Fort Walkarounds......................11
              Convention Reports....................4
              Rules Reviews............................3
              Figure Reviews.........................21
                    The balance were on miscellaneous subjects


       Along the way I managed to;

              Start yet another Campaign blog this one of the Great Epicurean War
              Attend four conventions
              Rebase about 1600 15mm Thirty Years Wars Minis
              Give away 1000+ 1/300 scale minis, 400+ 15mm minis, one 1/1200 scale fort
              Play ninety-one wargames (in one glorious week I managed five!)
              Paint twenty-four 28mm minis and one-hundred-twenty-two 15mm figures, two 1/700 scale ships and three 1/72 scale aircraft
              Scratchbuild a ruined city and a cartoonish Brandenburger gate
              Scratchbuild four stone bridges, a base for a Playmobil Gladatorial Arena, a half-dozen Saharan buildings, and a 28mm Dark Ages tower (complete with a shingled roof)

        In keeping with my objective of "rational/attainable/desirable/affordable" I have added very few new minis to the Project Pile and unloaded most of the stuff in smaller scales that I know I will never get around to painting. As the scales get larger the decision to part with the minis gets tougher (as I can at least pretend that I will eventually get around to putting brush to lead) but I will keep banging away at it until at least a modicum of sanity prevails.

        I hope everybody had as much fun as I did this last year and has more in the coming year!

        Keep rolling sixes!

4 comments:

  1. (scratch build) "a base for a Playmobil Gladiatorial Arena"....

    Which is super awesome by the way!!! AND you started a scratch build for Modern Day Afghanistan and managed to do quite a bit of work on that already. Do not sell yourself short here sir;)

    That's a lot of stuff you've done for sure.

    Keep on truck'in!
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He also scratchbuilt the whole desert city for Drews Toon Battle at Fall-in. Man is a machine

      Delete
  2. It was a great year for you blog. Looking forward to a exciting year reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A had a great time reading about your hobby activities this year. 😀

    ReplyDelete