Saturday, December 4, 2021

All Flocked Up!!! The Guard Chassuers based and ready for battle

 

they took forever but I think they look pretty snazzy
 
       With the holiday season pressing in from every direction I took advantage of a "slow day" and finished these guys to clear the bench for further work. Technically they still need flags and their fanions painted but they are close enough for now. Some of these lads will star in this weekend game so I really did need to get them sorted. Their cousins in the Grenadiers will have to wait as I have some other commitments to honor before I can even start gluing the Grenadiers together. Formed into two "Large" (in Black Powder terms) battalions these guys will get all sorts of Special Rules that I will struggle to remember during a game.

maybe I can dig around and find something that isn't mostly blue to try painting

they certainly look like they are ready to sort out my Prussians

2 comments:

  1. Very nice achievement nonetheless Unlike the infantry batailions and regiments of the coalition armies, the french infantry battalions have only one flag per battalion since revolution , from 1808 only one flag per regiment.
    The Vitrix box allows you to make up to 4 standart bearer to satisfy those who play at 1/40.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking really good! A sea of blue is a nice effect. 😀

    ReplyDelete