Saturday, April 30, 2022

Ready for primer 28mm French Guard Artillery

 

just waiting for good weather to spray them

      After almost a week of alarums and excursions I had a chance to sit down and finish assembling these figures. I am a big fan of plastic minis because they allow for variety in positioning making my minis both more active-looking and personally "mine". This was a difficult case with this set. The Victrix figures are superbly sculpted, have excellent proportions and are very well cast but the sculpting allows for little choice in posing the minis (this is compounded by the fact that few choices of spare arms are offered with the set). I had to try out a great many combinations of arms and head positions to achieve my standard "no two guys alike". But, in the end, everything came together rather well.

I tried to make each crew into a little vignette

the figures are active, almost energetically, posed

although it doesn't look like it in this picture the crew members with their hands 
on the wheel fit perfectly, these will not end up on a sabot base but glued-down instead

       I am sure that this is news to nobody but Victrix really does make some superlative sets of figures. This set is a stand-out among those. The detail, proportions and casting are absolutely First-Rate.

     Very Highly Recommended

2 comments: