Friday, October 27, 2023

Last Plane Out

        In my continuing effort to clear at least a small portion of my backlog of unfinished projects I got this little bird done and off the workbench. Rich Uncle Pat had dropped it off ages ago along with some other models to use as eye-candy in his continuing series of African Cold War games. I got the other two done pretty quickly but this model is a terrible eastern-European kit and it was so horrid that I almost trashed it. My inherent cheapness and stubbornness made me push through and see what I could make of it. It still reeks as a model but it will do as a prop in a wargaming setting. Bonus points to anyone that can recognize where the decals came from.

6 comments:

  1. Somehow I see Christopher Walken in Dogs of War when I read that title

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is what Pat had in mind, or the Raid On Entebbe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know the scale but look perfect for AK47 games

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, neiher do I. I don't even know what type of plane it is, but it looks 1960ish Soviet to me which fits perfectly. Rich Uncle Pat runs B'Maso games set in the Cold War era and just about everybody in the gaming group has an army or two for AK-47 so it is just a matter to time before this ends up in the middle of a game.

      Delete
    2. It's a "vintage" 1/100 Yak-40 model. You can find them pretty frequently on Ebay. (i think Nu-bee and/or Plasticart) The one I bought had German language on the box.

      Delete