Wednesday, October 25, 2023

28mm Wargames Atlantic Partisans, Painted At Last!

        It has been simply AGES since I put these models together. I had started painting them and then.......well you know the story; too many new "bright shiny" toys kept appearing. In an effort to get at least a couple of projects FINISHED this year I sat myself down and got these lads sorted out. Really, painting a few dozen figures should not take a year! So here they are, painted at last. We will start with an archeologist famous for his disdain for Nazis. You can trace his genesis here.

not an exact match with the famous Doctor Jones,
Illinois Smith, perhaps?


 


 
swords having gone out of fashion by WW2 means you have to rely 
on checking who is shouting and pointing to figure out which one is the man in charge

most partisans WISH they were this well armed

the "Thinking Crowd", less noise, more sneak

 
on the other hand, explosives can be a blast

when you need to address a crowd an SMG is always handy

but if you really want to reach out and touch someone, a rifle is the best answer

        With any luck I will be able to squeeze a couple more projects into "box checked" column before the Holidays set in and ruin my schedule.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Anton, I like them!

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out rather well, I no longer enjoy painting the way I did BITD, but I can still turn out a decent product

    ReplyDelete