Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Battlefields, the morning at least!

        Despite the wonderful weather (a rarity in Michigan this time of year) The turnout was quite good with 100+ gamers partaking in the days events. All games were participation games and most were full to capacity. The jovial Pro or Con staff was welcoming and the company convivial. My apologies to the Gamemasters, Tabletop Events took down the list of games the day of the event and the game guide provided on the day didn't list the Gamemaster's name (which it used to do) you will remain anonymous but the great games that you brought will get credited!

overall shot of the hall in mid-morning

the Flea Market lined three sides of the hall, great selection and prices!
despite this I managed to NOT buy anything (I had promised myself that I had to paint two minis for any new ones I purchased and my production this year has been feeble )

What a Tanker/World of Tanks

I have to say that I love a game that embraces the idea of "Go big or go home!" this game displayed that concept in spades; twenty feet of table-top town, scores of beautiful 1/56th scale tanks and a genius blending of What A Tanker rules with the World of Tanks game system

the huge number of 28mm MDF buildings, complete with a maze of back-alleys gave players the ability to sneak about on a grand scale

the sheer scale of the game was entrancing
 
truly a work of passion, the game accepted new players all through the day

there were sturdy boards to hold the  playing pieces

a proper center-piece to the event the heroic Gamemaster
 ran it non-stop through the first two sessions of the convention
 
Bolt Action Tournament 

another all-day event the Bolt Action tournament  gathered armor-minded players for an clash of heavy metal platoons across some beautifully turned-out terrain

the jungles of southeast asia
 
a snow-covered field outside Bastonge
 
the ruins of Stalingrad (or perhaps Berlin?)

sunny southern France

a Luftwaffe airfield (I loved the HE-111 as a set-piece)

Mammoth Hunt

I know the fellow behind this gorgeous game, it's Zhodani Commando, he has one of the most talented brushes around and is always diving into a new off-beat subject

his cave-man hunt between rival tribes, and the rather more dangerous Mammoths, captured the eye

the tribes contested to obtain honor and reputation as well as trying to kill enough of the giant beasts to ensure food for the coming weeks

Arab-Israeli War 

some very well painted micro armor made this a game worthy of a close look

modern combat always looks better in smaller scales
 
Naval Thunder  

Drew from MTSC presented Operation Rheinbung, a "what-if" scenario where the Germans wait a bit and have the Tirpitz join the Bismarck and Prinz Eugene make the Channel Dash together
 
meeting the Germans was a welcoming commitee comprised of the  Prince of Wales, Duke of York and the Hood, this promised to be a lively party!

the ship models were laser-cut MDF and were very effective

Cowboy Shootout

another triumph in MDF this dusty little western town is about to erupt in chaos! 
What a Cowboy rules from Two Fat Lardies powered the confrontation

and some REALLY cool props made the record-keeping fun!
 
Live Free Or Die

the Battle of Monmouth in 15mm on an attractive table had the players engaged all morning

Live Free Or Die rules governed the action which was hot & heavy all game 
 
Battle of Ramsay Station

15mm ACW, lovely terrain and nicely painted minis to boot!
home-grown rules (which is a subject I love!)

       My apologies to everyone running a game in the second session, I was running my own Red Stars and Rising Suns air-combat games and was so busy that I didn't even manage to get pictures of my own game (much to my chagrin!).

1 comment:

  1. Oh man that Mammoth game looks awesome!!!

    Seriously though thanks for the kudos. It was also nice to see what was going on around me as I was so absorbed with running my game.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete