Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Closing in on the end, The Last of the Hinchliffe Cavalry

        All that remains are four of the four-horse heavy chariots. There is a light at the end of the tunnel (let's hope it isn't an oncoming train!). These eight are the last of the Indian horse, I've searched high and low to see if there were any others hiding in cob-webbed corners of The Vault and I am confident that there are no lurkers in the shadows.

a smallish unit, but Medium Cavalry are about the worst troop-type under WRG 6th Ed rules

pretty much their only purpose is to pursue routers to stop them rallying...

...or riding down weak skirmish units 
I just noticed the fellow on the right  seems a bit drunk
I will have to pop him off his horse and glue him on in an upright position

 
There are now so many Indian Horse that they warrant their own box

       The only remaining unit is going to be work intensive as each of the four-horse chariots has four horses (oddly enough), a chariot, two out-riders and four other crewmen making each model the equivalent of painting an entire unit of horse. I think that it will be a while before I work up the energy for that task.


1 comment: