Sunday, December 27, 2020

Spats, and all that.........

 

garish paint-jobs are a bonus

        For some time now I have had a side-hobby of collecting aircraft from the late 1930'-WW2 era that fit into a small number of focused areas of interest (unlike my wargaming which is almost traumatically unfocused!); Fixed undercarriage/Spats, The Polish Air Force 1939, WWTT (What Were They Thinking) and Too Cool (this last is hugely subjective).  Just how an aircraft earns a place on the lists is subject to an arcane thought-process that is unclear even to me (it seems to involve single-engine aircraft as an aspect), but having a few narrow fields keeps me from branching out too far into the weeds. 

         I have built a few models in the past year and intend to try to complete at least one a week heading into 2021. To see where I stood in acquiring models I pulled them all out from their nooks and crannies and did a proper inventory. I was shocked to see how many I had salted away! As you can see my faulty memory has caused me to buy certain models more than once (in my defense I will claim that I intend to build those models as serving in different air forces). The one remaining question is whether or not to include civilian aircraft in the  collection as there are some truly magnificently spatted civilian aircraft that could be added (the Northrop Gamma springs to mind!)  

Aircraft Type

Spats Fixed u/c

Too Cool

WTF

Polish

PZL 37




X

PZL 23

X

X


X

PZL P 24

X

X


X

PZL 7

X

X

X

X

PZL 11

X

X


X

Lublin XIII

X



X

LWS Czapla

X



X

PZL P 50


X


X

Polikarpov I-16 (2)


X



Polikarpov I-153 (2)


X



Curtis Hawk P-36 (2)


X



P-39 Aircobra


X

X


Tachikawa Ki-36

X




JU-87A

X

X



Mitsubishi Ki-15 (2)

X




Mitsubishi Ki-51

X




Aichi D3A1 Val

X




Nakijima Ki-27

X

X



Avia B-534 (2)

X

X

X


Henschel HS-126

X




Henschel HS 123 (2)

X

X

X


Kawasaki Ki-32

X




Heinkel HE-51 (3)

X




Fiat CR-42 (3)

X




Fiat CR 32

X

X

X


Fokker D XXI (2)

X

X



Westland Lysander

X

X



Curtis SOC-2

X




Boeing P-26

X

X

X


Morane 225

X

X

X


Dewoitine D-510

X

X

X


Dewoitine D 520



X


Handley Page Hampden



X


Fairey Battle (2)



X


Boulton-Paul Defiant


X

X


Bachem Natter


X

X


Fieseler Fi-103



X


Heinkel HE-126


X

X


Fairey Fulmar



X


Baka Bomb



X


Tupolev SB 2


X



Curtis P-6E

X

X



Goshawk F11C-2

X

X



 

1 comment:

  1. It's time to go a rac'in! That's what this reminds me of. That would be a fun convention game. I've seen someone do it before in this scale.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete