Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Ooops, I did it again (again) Another KI-10 joins the fleet

the cover illustration is rather nice

        I had sworn to myself that I was done with the Japanese Army Air Force but I spotted this kit at a ridiculously reasonable price (and justified the purchase by thinking that it lowered the overall per unit cost - do I sound like a DoD representative now?). My second thought was that it is a much newer kit and would be less bother to assemble. I was very badly wrong. The kit presented issues that were different, but overall it was every bit as much a bother to get ready for use.

the old-timers checking out the "new guy" 
 
the inter-plane struts were simply a mess and needed considerable trimming and fitting

the fuselage had some issues too
 
but, once it was finished it got along just fine with the other kids

now I just have to wait for some decent weather to get a coat of primer on these
 
        I swear that I am finished with this project. I am thinking that I will finish painting my 28mm Irish now, heck I might even get around to posting an AAR or two.Thank you for your patience.

4 comments:

  1. Great job Buddy. You have surpassed any model building in the last 5yrs by making your Biplane collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, yours are much prettier than mine. These are wargaming toys, not the art work that you produce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. Going to start a massive sell of gaming minatures. They are just taking up space. Also lots of Ospreys and War hammer historical army books.

      Delete
    2. I started clearing off stuff too; almost all my unpainted 15mm and smaller stuff, a bunch of surplus plastic tank models and even some 28mm stuff that I finally admitted that I won't live long enough to paint

      Delete