Thursday, March 31, 2022

Time for a mental re-set; Playing around with the AD1813 project

       I traded some built-up aircraft to my buddy Rich for some painted Prussian Landwher, he hates building models, I am no longer fond of painting minis so it was a win-win for both of us. Frankly I think that I came out way ahead on the deal but he won't let me give any further payment. To celebrate the fact that I am now overstaffed I thought that I might take them all out for a review. Now it occurs to me that I need a bigger table!

I also need to make a bunch more sabot-bases 
 
      The collection is a smorgasbord of manufacturers; the Line troops come from Perry Brothers, the Reserves from Wargames Atlantic, the Landwher are from Warlord while the guns and cavalry are from Old Glory 25s. Despite their different origins they all work together rather well.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Amusingly this is what the Prussians called a Brigade in 1813. Often as big as a division ans sometimes as large as a Corps, I think that it was a nomenclature thing but they were also woefully understaffed in regards to experienced officers. The unit that I modeled this after is the 11th Brigade at the time of the Battle of Leipzig. It has a spare mounted regiment and some spare Landwehr

      Delete
    2. Damn, that does change my understanding of the battle a bit.

      Delete
    3. Wow, I did not know that. This changes my understanding of the battle of Leipzig a bit. Guess I need to read up more on the Prussian forces.

      Delete