Thursday, October 8, 2026

Behold the the might of Mycenae

       By dint of Herculean effort I have gotten the Mycenaean army finished, there are four more chariots but they are allied. troops so I'm declaring this project completed. It only took two decades plus a bit to go from box to tabletop but here they are at last. 

 

the army in total, roughly 600 points of troops under Midgard without generals,
 and I have ten individual minis for generals 
 
some chariots, still deciding if they are Light  or Heavy 

the great bulk of the army; nine bases of warriors 

a few generals, leading from the front, as they should  

behind the Generals and skirmishers are my version of Myrmidons; 
Brutal, Fearsome, Warrior Peltasts with an armored front rank 

more chariots, these have warriors in the famous Dendra armor, legitimately Heavy Chariots 

more generals 
 
       It is a satisfying feeling to get a project completed, even if I missed my deadline of the end of Summer. The mins were originally purchased to run a skirmish game of jousting chariots but got sidelined for some forgotten reason. Two decades on Midgard gave me a set of rules that was fun enough to motivate me to get off my backside and grind these through the painting machine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment