Saturday, October 3, 2026

Walk like an Egyptian, putting paint on Wargames Atlantic's 28mm Egyptian Infantry

        Having finished painting a batch of 1/600 boats for a friend I still didn't have the energy to tackle the pile of chariots necessary to finish my Trojan Wars project. I cast about looking for an excuse not to confront my chariot dilemma and spotted the box of Egyptian infantry from Wargames Atlantic. "I'll just build one of each to see how well they go together", I thought to myself......then this happened.

 

yep, I painted the whole box, there were four spares of each type,
 they will have to wait for the second box to be painted before they get based

Formed archers are a pretty weak troop type under Midgard rules (and most other rules as well)
 but they sure look cool, like and old Cecil B. Demilles movie 

you have to be careful when assembling the minis to avoid awkward poses,
I would suggest building the archers first 

I hadn't noticed it when I reviewed the sprues but these minis have massively thick ankles 

these minis would look equally good on single bases for use in a skirmish game
 the ability to make specific poses is a big plus 
 
at eight to a base they spearmen look a bit thin on the ground
 I will have to rethink the basing arrangements 

in my unseemly haste to assemble the minis I attached the shields before painting 
they would have been easier while still on the sprue in retrospect 

it would have made painting the figure easier as well, lessons learned 

of course it wasn't until I had started painting that I realized that
 I missed cleaning up some of the shoulder joints, the hazards of being in a hurry
 
       And just like that, another half-finished project. I need to find a sorce for chariots, Kushites, Nubians and Egyptian marines. Maybe I will just sell them off...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment