On occasion I will undertake to assemble/paint items for friends of mine. In this case I was painting some ship models for Drew. I was interested mainly because they were mostly Thoroughbred Models ACW ironclads; a product line cast with such precision that they are simply a joy to build (as far as painting goes I just have to figure out how many shades of black I can come up with). The one standout was a resin print of the HMS Warrior, a ship that pre-dated our Civil War and which was built from the ground up as an iron-hulled and armored warship by the worlds preeminent naval; power Great Britain. As such she was a very different vessel, cleaner and more graceful than the practical American ships.
- Home
- Adventures in Blue Board and Foamcore
- The Lace Wars Project
- The Neulandia VSF campaign
- 28mm Plastic Figure reviews Perry, Victix WF etc etc
- Zvezda and Plastic Soldier Company Wargaming Models
- The Road to Leipzig
- Leipzig Orbats
- MDF Madness
- My Own Rules and other wacky ideas
- Fortified Places
- Book Reviews
- The Great Epicurean War
- Rich Uncle Pat and the (non-European) Cold War
- Old Rules Played by Old Dudes
- Those Magnificent Flying Machines
Saturday, October 3, 2026
Ship Happens, Part X 1/600 Warrior and some ACW ironclads
the resin masts were frightfully weak so I added some standing rigging to give them a chance
then (because self-control is foreign to me) I added some running rigging, just enough to hint at it
then I got back to actual fighting ships and whipped up some ACW ironclads
After this little side track I have to get back to my Trojan Wars project, having failed to complete that by the end of Summer as I had promised myself. Ten more chariots....just the thought of it makes me sad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment