Monday, October 10, 2011

New Wargames Factory Shock Troopers Heavy Weapons in 28mm

     The new Wargames Factory Shock Troopers Heavy Weapons set has arrived and landed on the shelves of my local hobby shop, this set adds to the previous Shock Troopers set and allows you to field a complete force up to what I assume is company level. Well molded in a light gray plastic these are every nicely detailed models with minimal mold lines and no flash. Priced at just $19.95US they are far less expensive than the other widely available plastic SF Imperial troopers figures and should prove popular. Now on to the pictures, remember to click on the photo to enlarge to better see the detail.

the box, the art is still pretty dodgy,
I wouldn't expect a quality product based on the cover

happily the contents is much better than the cover

command sprue side A,
I am put out that you only get two officers

command sprue side B, I am even more put out by the gay little katana,
I will have to find a manly-looking sword in one of my Viking boxes
(or nick a chain-sword form somewhere)

bases, not much to be said really

weapons sprue side A, lots of spare bits

weapons sprue side B,
 one of the gunner figures is squatting rather than sitting, an odd pose

details, and there are lots of bits

gunner torsoes and spare heads

lots of heads, but no tentacle-faced ones,
my dream of building an army of Dr. Zoibergs is dashed!


     I will probably end up using the weapons (suitably enhanced) as VSF weapons with the other figures as troops in my VSF German force. I won't be using the silly little tripod as the weapons are likely to be vehicle mounted. The fact that there are but two officers rather cheeses me off, on the other hand I could spend $20.00 on a single figure from Forge World so maybe I should just shut up.

     If you are into SF gaming these are recommended.          John

2 comments:

  1. yeah, but if you bought the forge world figure (tho i dont see a single figure on your link) it would look sooooo much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "....hand I could spend $20.00 on a single figure from Forge World so.... "

    ....hand I could spend $20.00 EACH on figures from Forge World so ....

    There, I fixed it.

    Forge World makes some of the finest figures out there, but I will have to win the Lotto before I can afford them.

    ReplyDelete