Saturday, February 2, 2019

Changing Gears...

     I have to take a break from data collecting and rules-writing for a week. I am putting together the two games that I will be running at Flintcon. I still have several nations of tank data to complete (The Baltics, the Balkans and China) as well as a host of anti-tank guns to complete. After that I will put together the rules for infantry and close combat.

          Chuck, hang in there, I have started on a Command Card deck for Western Desert (the early Italian/British phase).

          In the meanwhile I am busy sorting and packing the Castle Siege game and an Operation Bagration game for the 9th. Drop by Flintcon and see the rules in action (or berate me for leaving out your favorite vehicle!).

7 comments:

  1. I don't know how you keep your brain from exploding with all that data. How you have to worry about some bizarre Japanese rifle that shoots poison wooden bullet from the 11th kamikaze volks brigade in Prussia. Don't worried the Housemartin will find it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already found it, it never became operational. I won't do prototypes because, if I did, the German entry would exceed the memory of my computer :)

      Delete
  2. HEY!! No I will not! There are too many closet NAZI's out there who happily look up that end of war nonsense Hitler Wet Dreamed up. Besides they are not silly, just desperate/pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And none of it will ever be published in my rules, except as a tongue-in-cheek joke (Noise-Cannon anyone?) The French and English were also great sources of hare-brained stuff (look up the A-38 Valiant) built in tiny quantities.

      Delete
    2. Most of the British oddballs at least had a purpose. Many of them were not the best answer for the problem, but was the best that could be done with what was available to tackle the problem.

      The French just did not know what they were doing, which is to be expected of cheese sniffers.

      Delete
  3. You deserve a break from all the rules writing and stats. Knowing you, the break will be spent building some huge and elaborately detailed terrain. 😀
    Good luck with all these projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, after I get this project tidied-up, I am heading back to the Age of Reason and finishing my Lace Wars Cavalry!

      Delete