Friday, July 12, 2019

Quarterly review 2019 Q-2


      The time for soul-searching and introspection has come again. This last quarter was quite disruptive of my schedules (like I haven't used that excuse before) with four lengthy trips out of state.  Fortunately I still got a fair amount of work done, unfortunately I haven't painted so much as single figure; not a one. Happily I managed to host, or play in, a dozen games or more through the quarter, which works out to about one a week.
      Throughout the quarter my gentle readers were exposed to my pontifications, opinions, and general blow-hardiness as I reviewed nearly everything I read, bought, attended or played. I thank you for your patience in this matter.
      I managed sixteen figure or product reviews (mostly of the superb Strelets American Civil War range). If you are looking for nice 20mm ACW minis you should consider them.
      I posted five photo essays about forts that I have had the pleasure to visit. These received a surprisingly positive response which encourages me to continue with this enterprise.
      I wrote three book reviews of the always informative (if also often misspelled) Helion & Company publications.
      I posted two AARs and a review of the Drums At The Rapids gaming convention.
      I did manage one terrain project, but it was destined to never be used in a game at my house.
      My crowning achievement was to unburden myself of all of my micro-scale figures that I had realized I would never get painted. I hope they all  went to good homes where they will be painted and played with for many years to come.

      Looking forward I must address the excess 15mm figures (more give-aways in the offing) and force myself to sit and pick up a paintbrush. I have fallen away completely from the one-hour-a-day discipline and really need to get back into the yoke.

                                                              Happy Gaming, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog continues to be entertaining to read and full of tips. The good spirit in which you write comes shining through. Great job. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, I find great enjoyment reading your blog as well.

      Delete