Sunday, March 1, 2020

Ironclads completed at last

sailing away from me to avoid my wrath,
the Future floor wax certainly does provide a good gloss

         With only six working days left before the Battlefields convention I forced myself to complete the last six ships in my little ACW fleet (I do fear that I will be ordering at least a few more before this saga is over!). This effort confirmed for certain my dislike of square-rigged ships and the spider-web of rigging that goes with them. I consumers yards and yards of stretched sprue and a couple of tubes of Super Glue in the process. Now I can rest easy with the knowledge that the boats are done, now all that remains is to construct the shoals and sandbars that form the harbor mouth and gloss the bases one more time. Oh, and print the ship diagrams and eight copies of the rules, gather dice and rules, make the turning widgets........at least I don't have to bring any hills.
       I will be running this game in the second session, anyone wishing to play please take a look at the rules which are in this post.

if I get a chance I will do a ship-by-ship photo review of the models

there really isn't any point in doing a review of the models as they have
 been around for ages and are still some of the very best that are available

the Fujimi Valentine kit in the background was the donor of the sprue, it was chosen because the plastic was tan and thus I didn't need to paint the running rigging and the hard styrene plastic stretches better and is stronger than the mushy gray stuff from Renedra




2 comments:

  1. Those look great! You're obviously crazy, but that's really impressive stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fleet looks really good, what a great effort! You know you have to do those separate photos at some point right? ;) Really great look en masse, well done.

    ReplyDelete