Thursday, October 1, 2020

Sometimes it takes just one figure

 

the culprit

       I have probably forty-five different armies in various scales and periods. Some I built as part of a group project, others because I was interested in a specific period. Occasionally I have built entire armies because of one sculpt. Many ages ago I spotted a pack of Pal Partha Renaissance figures hanging on the rack in a local hobby store, what really caught my eye was the magnificently sculpted horse in the little clear plastic bubble-pack. It looked like something Michelangelo might have sculpted himself.  Like all Ral Partha products is was beautifully sculpted and perfectly cast. Sadly it appears that this line is no longer in production (other Ral Partha product lines still are). I took my pack home and painted it, then I bought another, and another until I found myself in possession of an entire Swiss army. This has happened several times since, but the Swiss were the first.

anatomically the horse's neck is far to thick front to back
but it looks better than 99% of the equine models I've seen

the infantry are just as well sculpted


3 comments:

  1. Wow I remember when you bought them the Alcove. You really loved the Swiss sculpts by Ral Parthia. Great figures but the figure where true 25mm scale...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a fair number of Ral Partha figures amongst my Ancient armies!

    ReplyDelete