Friday, October 2, 2020

Third Quarter 2020AD

        Time for a look back at what I have accomplished (or failed to accomplish!) in the last three months. As the world began to open up I spent a less time in the workshop and thus my total number of postings fell to fifty-two posts from the previous high of seventy-six. This was accompanied by a reduction in page visits to 26, 028 for a daily average of 289. I gained two followers. 

        As far as the content of the posts go I did one book review, three figure-set reviews and completed six after-action reports. During this period I completed three model aircraft which were covered by corresponding posts. I did a step-by-step photo tutorial on how I rigged my 1/350th scale galleons. For once in a very long while I resisted the urge to produce a large terrain project and confined my creative energies to scratchbuilding ships and converting figures. At the request of The Housemartin I scratchbuilt a 1/200th scale Dauntless class light cruiser and two A Class destroyers for his Operation Ironclad campaign. I undertook to convert six Dark Ages Irish into 18th century Scots just because I love converting plastic figures. Following along in that vein I built thirty Great War German Infantry, most of which were subject to conversion/customization, some of it rather radical, as well as building a Wex Flammenwurfer and T-Gewehr to equip them with. To provide them with an opponent I scratchbuilt a 1/56th scale MK IV British tank. Stepping down a size I painted a 15mm Stargrunt Neu Swabian League force consisting of eleven vehicles and one hundred infantry.

       Realizing the dual facts that I won't live forever and that my interests have shifted radically I sorted through The Vault and identified a large number of plastic model kits that I simply won't ever build. I placed a few of these on a tab entitled "Better Than Ebay" and will add to that as time goes by. I had to admit to myself that if I've been hauling this stuff around since 1979 without getting any appreciable amount of them built I'm not likely to find myself suddenly shifting focus and going back to finescale modelling. 

        Enough of that for now, back to the workshop!

                  Everybody stay healthy, stay happy and keep rolling sixes!

2 comments:

  1. I think you’ve had a very nice quarter and lots of fun projects. I enjoy following along. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you have done it again, You are very productive. I guess that makes you a "Reproductive" wargamer!

    ReplyDelete