Friday, September 2, 2022

Out of the blue clear sky..... MPC 1/72 Brewster Buffalo

        Having grown weary of the monochrome tones of Chinese aircraft I needed something to brighten my day. And what could be better than an aircraft from the "Yellow Wings" era of the U.S. military? I went looking and found an old MPC kit of a Brewster Buffalo, it had the right decals for the period and looked like a straightforward build so off I went. The kit was a simple build and the parts fit was exemplary, Vallejo sprays provided the silver and insignia yellow. 

       The only downside to the entire project were the horrible decals. I had high hopes going in as they weren't curled or yellowed but they were the old MPC single-sheet decals and terribly thick as well. Careful cutting and flood of MicroScale MircoSol managed to get them in a presentable condition but future models might just end up in Finnish colors (I have spare decals for Finland that are of good quality).

         It joins the P-35 in the pre-war "dogs of flight" section of my collection. I will have to work out a data book for my rules sometime soon, it's too pretty to leave as a display item.



No comments:

Post a Comment