- The Lace Wars Project
- The Neulandia VSF campaign
- 28mm Plastic Figure reviews Perry, Victix WF etc etc
- Zvezda and Plastic Soldier Company Wargaming Models
- Adventures in Blue Board and Foamcore
- The Road to Leipzig
- Leipzig Orbats
- MDF Madness
- Rich Uncle Pat and the (non-European) Cold War
- My Own Rules and other wacky ideas
Saturday, May 18, 2013
I think that I have found a new project
At first I was just fooling around with my photos from vacations to get an idea what the Fort at Matanzas looked like in its glory days. The Spanish covered the Fort (and the Castillo) with a white stucco and then painted the trim in bright red. The building must have been striking against the green Florida coastline. Well, a couple of hours using Paint (yes, I know, an inadequate program for editing pictures) produced this;
Now I find myself eyeing a pile of blueboard and trying to work out the dimensions for 1/60 scale model. I have contacted the good people at the National Park Service who have informed me that they are currently digitizing the plans and maps of the Fort and the Castillo.
The question is whether I can wait for that to happen or do I just start cutting foam now?