Thursday, June 4, 2020

But it was rigged!!!

       Having watched JJ's Wargames rigging tutorial I decided that if he could do it on 1/700 scale models I would give it a try on my 1/350 scale ships. I found that I lacked the skill that he possesses but, with patience and an embarrassing amount of swearing, I can manage a decent product. I hope I get better with practice.

first up was the Spanish nao, 
in retrospect I should have started with a larger vessel, this thing is tiny


as always the rigging is just a suggestion of what would really be on such a vessel


but I think that it adds to the look

next was one of the Black Swan models 

this turned out to be easier despite the more complex rigging

mostly because there was more room for my bratwurst-sized fingers

        Now all I have is nine more to go!


1 comment:

  1. Looks great; hope your sanity is intact after that. I added the barest bit of rigging to my 1:1200 ships. It definitely improves the look, but even that bit drove crazy doing it!

    ReplyDelete