Monday, January 18, 2021

Is half a promise a lie?

        OK, OK a little while back I promised that I wouldn't go any further down the plastic model airplane  rabbit-hole until I had at least finished my Gripping Beast Late Roman Heavy Cavalry.....

decidedly NOT an airplane, but still a model.........

        A few days ago I found myself heading into a situation where I was going to be spending a fair amount of time cooling my heels, but liable to interruption at a moments notice. Painting (at least my style of it) simply wouldn't work under that set of circumstances so I decided that I would have some other way of keeping the Devil's Workshop busy. Mindful of my promise of no more airplanes I brought along some model tanks, yes, plastic models......but not airplanes!!!! These did the trick nicely as I was able to set them aside in a second and then return to working on them later without having my paintbrush dried onto my palette. But I was still building plastic models. In the balance they are wargaming models as opposed to display models so I feel as if I have not broken faith with my readers. Judge me as you see fit

the Hetzer is a Fujimi kit, the Stugs are Armourfast
 
quick and easy to build (particularly so the Armourfast)
 
and then we employ the "magic color-changing backdrop"

too lazy to dig out the airbrush I just brushed these with Americana acrylics

they came out pretty well, they need baggage
 
and proof that I'm not slacking off, the Romans are back on the painting deck!

       A pleasant change from what I have been working over the last couple of years. Maybe I should make it a habit to dig into that four decade old pile of plastic and build a tank or two every month. 


No comments:

Post a Comment