Friday, January 8, 2021

Lt. Terrax Consults his Primer

 


Desperate to make sure that the loss of his Leaman Russ Tank is not his fault.  Lt. Terrax gratefully discovers that he is not at fault.  HOWEVER, his relief was short lived ...


As the Gene Stealer Cult Patriarch pulled him from the wreckage for later egg host use. 

So the next batch of figures I got done this quarter was a long standing goal.  Another multipurpose army.  Officially built as a Gene Stealer Cult force.  It will also serve as a Warhammer Fantasy Empire Force, and could work as a deviant Imperial Guard force, if GW ever puts out that codex.  More importantly, the troops will also serve nicely as a Pikeman's Lament Army, to give the Ottoman Turks in the last posting something to face.   

The Gene Stealer Cult is basical a variant on the Imperial Guard.  They can have many of the same vehicles (Leaman Russ Tanks, Chimeras, and Sentinels), plus the "Brood Brothers" who are basically the same as Imperial Guards.  Plus they have some Gene Stealers and some Hybrid specialst troops, as well as a few special vehicles.  


Here is the total army.  You have already met my Patriarch, the overall Army commander.  So here are the troops he commands


Here are three of my Achilles Ridgerunners.  Note the "Turtle Shell" hatch on top.  These are actually the old version of the Empire Steam Tank. 


Here are two more of my Achilles Ridgerunners.  The problem with picking up discontinued models is that sometimes they are missing parts.  These are missing the top hatches.  I used an MDF 25mm disc to fill the gap.  I have one more of these somewhere, but could not find it in three months of looking, so I will have five for now.  


Here is the first of my Goliath Rockgrinder tanks.  This one is armed with the Heavy Seismic Canon.  The model is one of my later, still all metal, Empire Steam tanks, these models are MARKEDLY larger than the earlier tank.  


Here is my Second Goliath Rockgrinder tanks.  This one is armed with the standard Heavy Mining Laser.  .  These are really beautiful models, if completely not based on anything historical besides the drawings of Leonardo da Vinci, they are still quite striking even with my painting skills.  In my own defense I will claim that the quality of the model forced me to put an effort into delivering my highest standards.  


Here is my first Brood Brothers Heavy Weapon Squad.  These are armed with mortars.  Once again the models are Games Workshop equipment, the two in black are metal models, the one in Bronze is plastic.  The gunners match the guns.  


Here is my second Brood Brothers Heavy Weapon squad.  They are armed with Heavy Bolters.  The guns are the older smaller versions of the Hellfire Volley Guns from GW.  The gunner in the back on the left is a GW gunner.  However, the rest of the gunners are converted figures from heroquest.  When I originally invisioned this army I planned on putting the Heavy Bolters in the squads, and thus I did not worry about getting enough gunners for the Guns.  But in the final version I decided to have these as a separate squad and thus needed to scrounge up some gunners, thus my compromise.  


Here is my first Brood Brothers squad.  The figures are mostly GW Empire Handgunners (no hats), but there is also an Empire Engineer (front left) who I am using as a Grenade Launcher, and a sergeant which is an Empire standard bearer (front right).  


Here is my second Brood Brothers squad.  The figures are mostly Handgunners (with hats and loading), with an added Engineer as another grenade launcher and a Sergeant.  


Here is my Third Brood Brothers Squad.  The figures are once again handgunners (hats and firing) once more with an engineer added as a flamethrower and a Seargeant.  


Here is the Fourth Brood Brothers Squad.  The figures are once again handgunners, this time with the hats removed and firing.  They also have a seargeant and two brothers workingan autocanon.  The model is the new version of the Hellfire Volley Gun which is notably larger in size than the older version.  


Here is the Fifth and final Brood Brothers Squad.  This one is the "Orphans" with the spare handgunners from the other four squads.  The squad also has an Autocanon manned by two artillerists and a sergeant.  


Here are my two Sanctus Snipers.  The models are once again GW Empire Engineers.  


Here is My Magus.  This is the Psyker of the army (along with the Patriarch).  The figure is an Empire Musician.  


Here is my Acolyte Iconward.  Armed with his dreaded Rending Claw.  The figure is once again a GW Engineer.  


The last figure I finished up was my Primus.  The Primus is the alternative (less expensive) army commander.  The figure is a GW Steam Tank commander.  

So there are 67 figures 8 "guns", and 7 Vehicles added to the 133 from the zaombie rangs and the 115 from the Turks.  There are still 20 Genestealers and six Gene Stealer Familiars that I need to paint for this army, but they were not completed this quarter, so they are not included here.  

The next, and last production detail, will be smaller in size and the subject of the next post, along with an explanation of how I managed to get all this done, just in case anyone else decides they want to crank out a load figures.  
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great collection!I approve of your goal of making it work for multiple games and genres. It sure makes me reminisce back to the glory days of WHF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Ski, I have had most of these laying around since the "glory days of WHF", I have often threatened to put it together, but something always came up. Now it is basically done. Now for once I am waiting for J&R, Honest Dan and R.U.P. to get their armies together. Anton will probably never touch GW, but at least I have some armies to roll against him in Pikeman's Lament.

    ReplyDelete