Tuesday, November 23, 2021

From Bag To Basic Paint

 
Old Glory did a great job casting these, hardly a trace of a mold-line and no flash at all

       Having lost the last weekend of painting to family matters I sat down last night and got serious about getting these done by my self-imposed  deadline of Thanksgiving. I cleaned based and primed the minis before dinner and hit it pretty hard last night. The guns need to be toned down and the carriages will get a thin black wash. The gunners are a mass of tiny details that I will have to struggle through.

        And as soon as they are finished I can get back to my other distraction ......

I found that I had  two boxes of Victrix Old Guard, 
so I am also building four over-strength battalions of Imperial Guard;
two Chassuers and two Grenadiers, thirty figures each

 

2 comments:

  1. Looking good. Hope you can meet your deadline. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice... You just did what I took a year to do... Just call me the slug...lol

    ReplyDelete