Thursday, November 25, 2021

Et Finis! Just under the wire I get my Prussian Brigade completed

 

completed at 23:24hrs on 24NOV21, just minutes ahead of the deadline

       For once in my wargaming life I have managed to get a project completed on schedule. It is a very different feeling, frankly I'm not used to it. The toughest part was letting the Vallejo Matte spray dry before touching the minis (it is a top-flight product but takes forever to dry). Along the way I knocked together some sabot bases for my guns and gunners; this allows me to keep them as individual items in case I want to play a skirmish game with them at some later point.

the battery wouldn't really be complete without proper bases
so I cut some 3" squares from matte board

and because the rest of the army's foot figures are mounted on sabot bases
 I decided to make the same for my gunners, 
my trusty sidekick Proxxie sliced some blueboard into three inch squares about 2mm thick

I had to check for fit before proceeding

then it was a visit from "The Shiv"

and another test-fit once the holes were cut

some of my reliable Titebond wood glue

and "Boom!" the units were based

of course everything needed a coat of sand and flocking

including the gunners themselves, well their bases at least

then it was off to the spray-shop for a coat of Vallejo flat
 and an hour of waiting for it to dry

 

the unit in it's disassembled format

       Now it is back to painting the Guard Chassuers.......

2 comments:

  1. looking good. I'm almost done with my first 30 batch of Russians

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That gives you 60 all-told, three small battalions of twenty figures. Borrow some of my excess troops and you have a brigade ready for action

      Delete