Saturday, August 31, 2024

25mm Hinchliffe Ancient Indian Archers

only one more batch of archers to go.....
then there is the spearmen, light troops and elephants.....

       I keep plugging away at the pile of metal trying to get these Indians finished so that I can move on to completing a few other projects before the end of the year. Simple figures with a very simple palette, if the paint dried faster I could get twenty-four of these guys knocked out in a day!

nothing special by way of brushwork, 
I'm aiming to match my style from thirty years ago so they blend with the veterans



        Hinchliffe was one of the original "kings" of British manufacturers of historical minis. Their catalog was huge and always expanding, I awaited the new issues of Battle magazine to see what was coming down the pipeline. It seemed that they would eventually produce figures for every conceivable conflict. Roman testudoes to Darius on his throne! I would hoard my funds to buy a few of them at a time. I ended up with thousands of them and am only now getting around to painting them!

2 comments:

  1. They look quite similar to my Minifigs Indians of the same era! Just had them on the table last year, with some newer brethren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minifigs ands Hinchliffe were the "gold-standard" of my youth, they have a classic style and a charm all their own (and at least in those bygone days the millimeter was a standardized unit of measure; what IS a "heroic" millimeter?). Newer figures my be better proportioned and more crisply detailed but I will game with my "Ancients" until I roll my last snake-eye

      Delete