Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Taking to the Air, Heller 1/72 Focke-Wulf FW 56 Stosser

 

        Having painted a zillion tiny minis I decided that it was time to take a break and build a machine. To this end I thought that it might be relaxing to add to my 1930s collection by adding to my pre-war Luftwaffe. The Heller Focke-Wulf FW 56 Stosser is an excellent kit of an important aircraft. It bears the hallmarks of it's age (raised panel lines etc.) but captures the outlines of the original quite well. On top of that it is an excellent kit that goes together almost flawlessly.

the biggest problem was that the thirty year old decals had yellowed rather badly

in comparison to later fighters it is a small airframe
 
too bad it doesn't have spats

 
       This was a fun build of an important trainer that, for a short time. was the fighting strength of the Luftwaffe. Of course I buried a couple of nails inside so that I can use my magnetic flight stands.

2 comments: