Wednesday, February 5, 2020

A Great Resource


I find it odd that 400 years ago they could drawn better maps than most
 modern history books can manage, all without satellite imaging

       Everybody who knows me is well acquainted with my interest in maps (some might even call it an obsession). I have a large collection of maps, I draw maps of my own and i just love websites that have cool old maps, from back in the day when true artists created them. A friend of mine, Joe, pointed me at this beauty; George III may have been mad but he had one heck of a collection of maps! Take a look at this site. It loads kind of slow but it is well worth the wait, by the way, get a comfortable chair you are likely to be shuffling through this for a while.......I was poking around for two hours before I even noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment