Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Ironclad Madness

this batch consists of New Ironsides, Dictator, a CSS gunboat and the CSS Alabama
and two turreted ships being built for the CSA Navy but seized by the British 
government before they were turned over to the Rebs


       So I signed up to run an American Civil War ironclads game at Battlefields (7MAR20) and until yesterday I hadn't even opened the packages. Needless to say I have procrastinated beyond all reason. I started assembling them just last night and was surprised at how well thy went together. The quality of Thoroughbred models are simply stunning, especially when you consider that a good many of the sculpts are twenty plus years old! No CAD or CinC work here, these are the product of old-school craftsmanship at its best. I shot a coat of primer on the first batch this morning and hope to have them painted tonight so that I can get started on the next group tomorrow.

one of the trademarks of Thoroughbred minis is the perfection of the casting,
 even on tiny parts there is no flash and barely the trace of a mold line 
NOTE; They are primed in a medium tan color, I have no clue why the photos are that odd olive color

1 comment:

  1. Hey, so I hear there are some space Prussians or something like that out there? Beautiful models, I hear.

    ReplyDelete