Thursday, September 24, 2020

Mistakes made, Lessons learned


       I happened to be strolling through Hobby Lobby when I spotted a bright pink sign exclaiming "40% all Boxed Kits!". Intrigued I took a look and quickly spotted two Pirate Ships from Revell, a closed glance caused me to see that they were labelled as being 1/350th scale. I am always looking to enlarge my 1/350th fleets and thought that these would be a nice addition, and the thought that they were nearly half off caused me to buy both of the models available in the store. 

in my defense there is no indication on the box as to the final dimensions 
just this rather unmistakable statement of scale

       Once I got home I opened the box and was shocked at the size of the boat. it is nearly nine inches long, far too large to be 1/350 scale. To confirm my suspicions I compared it to my model of the San Martin, it simply dwarfed the Zvezda kit. Now I have two (count 'em, two) GIANT ship models that won't go with my other ships (unless I concoct some crazy story line in the campaign game that would have one of the nations suddenly building huge ships).

       So, if somebody wants a couple of ships that might just work as 15mm kits drop me a line at daftrica89@yahoo.com, we can work  out a deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment