Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Ahh, Hubris!

       Since last week I have been banging away at the plastic aircraft models on the workbench in an effort to get them completed so as to pave the way for my newly acquired 28mm Scots. Progress has been fairly rapid and I was nearly finished this afternoon; just a quick coat of matte finish and it was off to the showcase with them! I reached down and picked up my trusty rattle-can of Krylon clear matte finish, gave a good minute's worth of shaking and blasted my Fi-103R with it.

  

well.......darn! (the language was actually rather stronger than that)

       Alas! It was a can of BLACK spray paint. In my urgency and carelessness I had grabbed the wrong can. Not deigning to look because I "always put the paint cans on the bottom shelf" I confidently ruined two days worth of work and painting. To say the least it was humbling experience. The poor model of the Fi-103R almost took an unscheduled flight into the basement wall but my sense of humor kicked in and I was able to simply place it on the bench and snap the picture you see above. The Scots will be delayed a bit, I'm afraid.

2 comments:

  1. Thoughts and prayers, man. I've done the same and I'd imagine 90% of your readers have as well at some point in their hobby careers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard of other modelers doing something similar so all I could do was ask myself "Really?"

    ReplyDelete