Sunday, August 22, 2021

Historic Fort Wayne, Anybody up for a road-trip?

   


     I'm looking to beat the late-Summer doldrums with a road trip. In past years I have gone to Michigan's "Up North" but time and gas prices preclude a trip to Copper Country so I have set my sights on something closer; Historic Fort Wayne. Located, oddly enough, in Fort Wayne Indiana, it is just a three hour jaunt from home. This would tick off another box on my checklist of forts this side of the Mississippi. My Silverado comfortably seats four full-grown humans so if you are interested in joining me on a day-trip to see the fort give me a holler. I'm thinking a weekday would be best and will be checking with the fort staff to ensure there aren't any scheduling issues.

3 comments:

  1. If you end up going on a weekend I'd be interested

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to go. Just need to make sure the trip is between doctor visits for the leg.. I could play rally co driver. And we will get lost for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe, My weekends are pretty well used from now until late September so that isn't likely to work

    Gary, I have Google Maps on my phone so we will probably only be lost for a few hours ;)

    ReplyDelete