Thursday, August 19, 2021

Just when I thought it was safe to start looking at tartan patterns.......

       Having finally gotten the plastic airplanes off the workbench I thought it was safe to start looking for 17th century tartan patterns, that was until Rich Uncle Pat showed up to the Saturday game with this little beauty from Brigade Models in their Small Scale Scenery  range.

just look at all that forty goodness!

                 "Little" I guess is a relative term; it actually is a pretty hefty chunk of resin. A 1/1000 scale model of the Castillo de San Anton it measures over 5" in length. This model immediately triggered my fort fetish so I proceeded to Google Earth Coruna harbor which the fort guards. An amusing background is available from Starforts.com. From space the fort looks like this:

I'm pretty sure that I will end up making the island for this

       Now I have to make up my mind if I am going to push the Scots back yet again, or to harden my heart and put this gem off to the side while I grind through a lot of plaid clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment