Friday, August 20, 2021

Finally a Taste of Scotch

       Having steeled my nerves and put aside the Castillo de San Anton model that R.U.P. gave me last week I was promptly distracted by yet another temptation. I came into possession of a group of very old, badly battered and horribly painted Scots figures from the early 1970's. Lead rot had taken as full third of them and the rest looked almost ready to go into the smelter. Of course, I promptly fell in love with this ragged band of rubbish (to be honest some of the figures are truly terrible). I resolved to spruce them up and give them decent looking bases. A very long afternoon later they were finished. Frankly, they still look rather rough, but they will soon join the forces of Boozonia in my Thirty Years War Imaginations campaign. Given their age I might just rate them as grizzled veterans!

I don't have a clue who made these some forty-plus years ago

       But, finally, after basing and varnishing them I was free to address my new Scots. A few hours of work got some basic colors on the minis but I fear that I am a long way from done.

Warlord did a rather better job

2 comments:

  1. Sweet... The Scots are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have entered the Realm Of Darkness now and must begin on the plaids!

      Delete