Friday, August 27, 2021

First Batch of Scots Finished

         I sat myself down and gave myself a pep-talk, "Plaids have never killed anyone! Get yourself to the bench and don't work on ANYTHING else until these lads are battle-ready!" Well, here we are, fourteen hours of chanting "Plaids can't hurt me" over and over again and they are finally table ready. I rather like the way that they turned out but seeing them in photos I realize they will need another coat of matte finish before they are truly completed

a formidable trio
 
all I can say is thank goodness that plaids weren't clan-specific back in the 1600s

Warlord only provides three halberds, but you get enough pointed wire pikes for everyone


this mob are title "Arrant Scum" I think they are the best set of the lot


the Engineers Working Party includes a fellow wearing a closed burgeonet 
it is a superb sculpt


       Now all I have to do is keep this buzz going through the two boxes of Warlord Dark Ages Irish and I will have my Boozonian troops for skirmishing gaming in the Great Epicurean Wars campaign.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Sarge, I hate plaids and will confine myself to earlier periods when they were a matter of personal choice rather than specific clan setts.

      Delete