Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Still More Silliness with Blue Board

     This morning before work a threw a coat of "grunge wash" on The Head. Grunge wash is a mixture of the crud that has accumulated in the bottom of the paintbrush cleaning cup, a shot or two of Future Floor Wax and a touch of black. This was liberally applied to the entire surface of the model. I have to say that I was happy to see the wash running in leggy streams over the surface of the model as I finished, much like a sweet Port will leave "legs" on the inside of a glass when swirled. I was excited to see what it looked like when it had dried. Upon my return home I was confronted with this:



     As I was unable to attend the Tuesday FoW game due to an unscheduled babysitting event I decided to give it a quick bry-brush with some Dolphin Gray. This turned out better than I had any right to hope and I was rewarded with this:




     I am still working out the details for the interior, I will update when the thing is finished.

2 comments:

  1. Dry-brushing! It's all dry-brushing!

    But man, does that thing look nice now. You could make and sell those things at cons, man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drybrushing is an art form of the highest order, doncha know?

    I am thinking of jamming some of the cheap plastic rubies that I picked up for the old Pirate Island game into the eye sockets and then sticking one of those battery-powered "candles" inside the head behind them to make the eyes glow, I likes special effects!

    ReplyDelete