Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

       My apologies for not posting for the past week and a half but I have been out of town and I lack the smart-phone savvy to be able to post from my hand-held computer. I did put the missing time to good use (at least from my point of view!). While Michigan was dealing with the aftermath of 12" pf snow I had repaired to sunny Florida. Palm trees, sunshine and temps in the high 70's are a pretty good argument on their own but the state is also littered with historical locations that I have been visiting for the last three decades. In one Herculean effort I managed to visit four locations comprising five forts and three hundred years of history (four of the forts in one break-neck paced day!). I managed to squeeze in visits to the following; Fort King, San Marcos de Apalache, Fort Pickens, Fort Barrancas and the Spanish Water Battery. The fruits of this effort will be appearing soon enough in this space.

grab a rum-based drink, put on some steel-drum music
 and turn on the heat lamp to catch the vibe...


2 comments:

  1. A week and a half is no big deal.
    That’s a lot of forts in one day. Now I expect the foam cutters to come out to make parapets. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be tough enjoy the sun and fun in Florida. See ya when you return to the frigid Norht.

    ReplyDelete